Monday, July 30, 2012

My best friend is engaged!!

My best friend is engaged!! I'm a few weeks late blogging about my excitement.. but let's face it, I'm still just as excited as I was the day before she actually got engaged (Yep, sorry Ry, we knew it was coming).. :)

I sat on PINS AND NEEDLES all day Monday, July 9th waiting for THE phone call. I heard my phone ring around 8PM that night and literally sprinted to answer. Two of the most excited, emotional people were on the other end of the phone, 1,200 miles away from me, celebrating the happiest day of their lives. It was seriously magical. I couldn't understand a darn thing Amanda was saying but it didn't even matter. I could just FEEL the happiness, and I jumped around the house/cried for most of the rest of the evening. I bounced up and down screaming "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!" and Rob had to remind me that hey, he and I are ALREADY married.

Yeah, but MY BEST FRIEND IS ENGAGED!

To celebrate this momentous event I put together a little engagement gift for her. If I was closer to home I would have hand delivered it, but instead I enlisted the help of UPS two-day delivery.

I embossed each gift tag with a little butterfly (my signature!) and wrote a note on each as well. Everything included has a special meaning to us (Pringles and all) and I hoped it would make her feel like I was home helping her celebrate this big news. Plus, is there ANYTHING better than receiving mail?? Everyone loves getting mail, and I know my twin is no exception ;)


Amanda, 
I'll be beside you every step of the way... even if I AM 1,200 miles away.I love you so much and I cannot WAIT to stand next to you on your big day. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment