Monday, February 13, 2012

Baked Eggs Napoleon

I love breakfast. In fact, I'd eat breakfast for every meal if I could... ESPECIALLY for dinner. When I was growing up my parents called breakfast-for-dinner "Silly Supper".. not sure why, since in my opinion there's nothing silly about breakfast for dinner ;-)

If I had my way I'd make Silly Supper once a week.. but my carnivore husband insists it doesn't fill him up enough. SO.. I have set out to find more filling Silly Supper options. Here's my most recent find:

Baked Eggs Napoleon
Makes 4 eggs, or 2 servings


3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
1T butter
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 eggs
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375F and start heating a small skillet on the stove on high heat. Melt butter in skillet and add thawed hash browns. Cook until golden brown.

Divide hash browns among 4 small, greased, ramekins. Make a little nest in the hash browns with your thumb or a spoon (so the egg sits directly in the middle of the dish when you crack it). Sprinkle hash browns w/ salt, pepper and garlic powder (to your taste). Top hash browns w/ shredded cheese, making sure to leave the little nest for the egg. Crack an egg into each ramekin, being careful not to break the yolk. Sprinkle the top of the eggs with any herbs you like & black pepper.

Place the ramekins together on a rimmed cookie sheet (this will make it easier to remove them when they're hot!). Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.. checking on the eggs frequently. Cooking times will vary based on the size of your egg. Make sure the egg white is set but the yolk is runny.

Serve with fresh fruit and of course BACON (if your husband is a carnivore, too) :-)

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment