Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmastime in Charleston

Christmastime in Charleston is weird…..

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the warm weather and literally EVERYTHING else about Charleston.. but it just feels so WRONG to decorate a Christmas tree when it’s 75 degrees out. I listened to “White Christmas yesterday” and felt like a complete phony. “Where Are You Christmas?” is more appropriate.

Even though I’m not feeling the Holiday WhoBalation (Grinch reference!), I still love all things sparkly and Christmas-y - so naturally we decorated our house two days after Thanksgiving. Once the lights were up and the weather cooled down to a chilly 65 degrees I felt a little less like Scrooge.








Rob and I have enjoyed as many Christmas-y activities around Charleston as possible. I dragged him to the Holiday market for some shopping (sorry honey, you’re such a good sport!), we went to the Daniel Island tree lighting, and drove around the Island the night of the holiday lights judging.

Now we’re REALLY in the spirit and we’re looking forward to hosting our FIRST EVER Christmas party this weekend and our big trip home for the holidays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment