Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Professional Woman

It’s official: I’m a professional woman. I went on my very first BUSINESS TRIP!

I packed my bags and hopped on a 5AM flight out of Charleston on Monday 12/5. I landed in Boston, changed my clothes in a tiny stall at Logan airport, hailed a cab, and headed to BSC for a day full of meetings, hugs and overall excitement. I picked up my new BSC laptop and phone to set up in my teeny tiny home office, and checked into my hotel room around 4PM. I relaxed for a bit and then met Mary for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was SO good to see her again and I was seriously on cloud 9. I met up with some BSC friends for drinks and Joes on Newbury and Michelle even drove all the way from NH to see me :) I headed back to my hotel room around 9 and passed out after a super long day. I spent Tuesday running back and forth to meetings again and trying to get everything organized for my new position. I caught a cab around 3:30 and made it to Logan just in time for my flight home. After delays and terminal changes I FINALLY arrived back in Charleston at 11PM. Rob picked me up and I chatted his ear off about my adventure the entire drive home.
- - - - - - - - -

Business trip firsts:

1) Flying by myself. No Daddy or Robert to help me figure out what to do at the security checkpoints, guide me through the terminals and rub my back when I feel sick at takeoff or landing. (Yes, I realize this makes me sound like a huge baby but whatever, I’m over it). I DID IT. I got myself through security, made my flights, and DIDN’T PANIC when things went wrong.. changes in terminals, flight times, etc. This probably sounds incredibly juvenile but I’m actually really proud of myself.

2) Slept at a hotel by MYSELF. Pretty sure the Park Plaza in Boston is haunted, but whatevs. I enjoyed sprawling out in my big comfy bed and being called a "Mrs" when I checked in. It’s the little things, people.

3) Charging things to an EXPENSE account and having other people pay for your enjoyment. Amazing! I think I’ll be a professional woman forever now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment