Sunday, April 1, 2012

Roasted Broccoli

I love the thrill of a good deal. So, when I found a gigantic (3 lb?) bag of broccoli at COSTCO I just had to have it.

It turns out it’s pretty hard to use 3lbs of broccoli when you’re only feeding two people. I learned my lesson, and we ate so much broccoli that we almost turned green*.

*not really.

I vowed to use every broccoli floret in that bag and I DID. Triumph!

In an attempt to lazily use the last ¼ of the bag I came up with this quick recipe. I roast a lot of vegetables so it wasn’t that much different than anything I’ve done before. Roasted broccoli tastes A LOT different than raw or steamed broccoli. It’s nutty and juicy… And well, just plain delicious.

Rob loved it. I loved it. We ate the whole darn pan of it in one sitting.



Roasted Broccoli
Serves 4, (or two Block family members)

3/4lb broccoli florets & stems (cut the stems small if you’re using them)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt
Pepper

**other additions you might like: red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, lemon juice

Preheat your oven to 450°.

Combine broccoli, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in an oven-safe baking dish.

Roast broccoli about 20 minutes, or until you can pierce stems with a fork. Your broccoli will be very slightly browned and wilted. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment